I’ve recently taken delivery of my first Android tablet, the Ployer Momo8 IPS.
I purchased mine from GTR Electronics as they have a track record for excellent customer service, provide 12 month warranty and their devices are free from Chinese apps and bloatware. I wrote up a review on Amazon.co.uk, see below.
As I mention in the review above, I’ve rooted the Momo8 IPS. The following were useful references for the rooting.
Here are the basic steps to getting root on the Momo8 IPS.
- Enable USB Debugging on the Momo8 IPS -
Settings –> Developer Options
- Find a Windows computer.
- Download and install Momorobo 184.108.40.2060.
- Start Moborobo and connect the Momo8 IPS to the Windows computer. Wait for Moborobo to establish a connection to the tablet.
- Download and install ZhuoDaShi 2.2.9.
- Start ZhuoDaShi. It is a Chinese language application only, so this is somewhat tricky.
- Wait for ZhuoDaShi connect to your Momo8 IPS.
- Click the highlighted text that includes the word ROOT among some Chinese text then click on the big ROOT button.
- After a short while you should see some Chinese text in green. Click the large button.
- You should now have root and the SuperSU app will be listed in your apps.
- Install Root Checker on the Momo8 IPS to ensure you have root.
- Once satisfied you have root (I ran Titanium Backup to be absolutely sure) you can uninstall the Momorobo daemon and ZhuoDaShi app the from your Momo8 IPS.
- The version of SuperSU installed by ZhuoDaShi is quite old and can’t be
updated via the Google Play Store. To remedy this do the following.
SuperSU -> Settingsselect
Switch superuser app
- Now open Google Play Store and install SuperSU.
Hope this is helpful to someone else, but proceed with caution.